How to create a product page on LinkedIn
If you’re a software company, you need to make sure that you’re taking advantage of LinkedIn’s product pages. They’re quick and easy to set up and can add tremendous value to people.
LinkedIn product pages were introduced in December 2020 and are designed to help you build awareness around your products. You can also build social proof on a product page by highlighting notable customers and gathering ratings and reviews. People can even add your products as a skill on their LinkedIn profiles.
One important thing to mention is that product pages are different from company pages, and when they’re used well, the two go hand-in-hand. There’s also no need for them to be physical products, and indeed we use them ourselves for our B2B software products.
Product pages are currently only available to B2B software companies, though LinkedIn is gradually rolling them out to other product areas. There’s every chance that even if you don’t create B2B software, you’ll already have access to the products tab by the time you’re reading this, so it’s worth checking it out if you haven’t already.
And so, without further ado, let’s take a closer look at how to create a product page on LinkedIn.
How to create and use LinkedIn product pages
When you’re ready to start creating your LinkedIn product pages, these are the steps you’ll need to follow:
- Log in to LinkedIn.
- Navigate to your LinkedIn company page. Note that you’ll need access to either the Super or the Content admin view for your page.
- Click the Products tab in the top navigation bar.
- Click the Add Product button.
- Enter a product name and hit the Save button. You’ll then be redirected to your new product page.
That’s the basics covered, and you can finish things here if you want to, though we wouldn’t recommend it. As with most things on social media, the more information you can provide, the better.
You also need to think of your product page as a landing page. Ask yourself what your target audience would experience if they’ve never heard of your company before, and their first exposure is the product page you’ve created. If there’s not much information there, they’re not going to stick around for long. You need to ensure that, at the very least, you include a call to action that tells them what to do next.
Here’s how to go about doing that:
- Click the Edit icon next to each field to fill out as much information as possible. The required fields are highlighted.
- Click on the Add Category field to see the category options. Feel free to add multiple categories.
- Note that your default hashtag is #ProductName. Custom hashtags aren’t available but don’t be surprised if the functionality comes out soon.
- Don’t forget to hit the Save button for every item you edit.
- Click the Submit for Review button once you’ve finished.
LinkedIn will then review your product page and let you know if it’s approved for publication. This process can take up to two weeks, and you’ll receive a notification in your page’s Activity tab once the approval process is complete.
Once your page has been approved, here’s how to publish it:
- Navigate to your LinkedIn company page.
- Click the Activity tab in the top navigation.
- Click the View Product button and then click Publish Product.
And that’s all there is to it!
Originally published at https://www.socialweaver.com on June 2, 2022.